Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NTU Business or EEE
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis111 View Post
hi guys,

thanks for your prompt reply.

Well, my motivation for getting a degree would be to have a decent job prospect in the future. From the threads I have read, it seems that most engineer who are working in the engineering field are having low pay increment as time passed. They would then jump to business field. I wouldn't want that to happen to me as a lot of time are being wasted.

I understand that if i chose business degree, I would need to score a decent result as a "stepping stone" for the employers to employ me. If safety net is a concern, should I opt for accountancy course instead? I understand that the working life as an accountant/auditor would be very stressful (ie long hours) but I believe that all jobs would have their own stress as well.

Well, its a fresh start if I am going to accountancy/business course in NTU where I would need to compete with those elites, risking my results in that competitive world. Some would say that I would be wasting this opportunity as the entry alone is not easy.

Pardon my indecisiveness and I hope that someone here would give me some advice based on their experiences and challanges faced. Thanks again!
IMHO, if given a choice between the two, I would choose NTU accountancy.

If you look at the employment statistics for NTU accountancy over the years, you can see that the top graduates generally join MA programs or to a lesser extent - the IBs. For those who are not the creme de la creme, they are still able to get into the Big 4. For business graduates, it really is an ordinary business degree if you do not secure good honours.