Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2.7k because he have similar working experiences, right? Anyway, that is half true. When you want to switch career, you can go around asking and some will give you direct contacts but my advice is NOT to take them. Yes they may be attractive but you never know what they are talking behind your back...as you know this circle is very small you might not have a good time even when you jump over. Piece of advice once you leave, leave totally. Bon voyage.
I started with 2.3k (not inclusive of allowance), and I have a blend of experience in various industries... and I was given a pay raise within 6 mths to 2.7k. Too good to be true? Just tells you how desperate they are in keeping people lol

As for the MP question, yes depending on your portfolio, you do have the chance to carry balls for Ministers and MPs, and there are people who were promoted because the MP they work for like their face and put in a good word for them... i guess if you dun mind getting progession thru building connections like this, it is a platform that can be used.... Nlot for me though, after working in PA and seeing what's behind the scene, I will vote Opposition all the way from now on LOL