Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ?
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

Sorry i meant joint a off-shore bank where you do NOT have a crazy workload. Those big local players inclusive of the big foreign banks like HSBC, Citibank have crazy volumes.

I don't know any engineers in credit risk management, my peers are mostly economic, accountancy, business/finance/banking grads. I do know one in exotic financial products evaluation but he has a masters in financial engineering (damm siong degree).

For corporate credit risk, the role involves mainly analysis of companies, usually latest 3 years of financial statements and look at their profit & loss performance and the strength of their balance sheet. Then also see whether the facilities being applied are suitable / repayable for the customer, within working capital requirements etc.

Other than that we also do industry analysis and sometimes industry stress testing eg if steel prices fall to xxx which steel companies will end up being loss making?? etc.