Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:04 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babypanda View Post
Hi all, I have a dilemma here right now. Basically, I am a degree holder (studied in Australia) but being paid diploma salary and my grade is Div II (TSO G6). I am currently in a stat board. Prior to this job, I have only about 6 months work experience (fresh grad).

My 1 year contract is coming up and I have heard all first years are automatically graded a C by default for performance no matter how outstanding... I am assuming my boss would renew my contract/offer me permanent position very soon and I want to be well-informed when that day comes.

How can I be promoted to DIV 1? What's the pay increment like for me? I am also considering just not renewing my contract and seeking another job that pays me to the rate of a degree holder. Please advise!

Thanks!
Your case is quite special. Typically, the situation is reverse. Joined as Dip Div II, then go either part-time or overseas studies. Upon graduation, bosses like them (i.e. good performance, potential etc) and place them on Div I. Two types of "upgrades" if successful: (1) up to Div I in Div I scheme; (2) up to Div I in Div 2 scheme e.g. TS G4. Among the two, the former offers much better prospect. One thing for sure, the entire process would take months (if not years).

Generally, if you can find another new Div I job, it would be much faster and easier. IMO, it's better to find a new job if u can.