Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dives View Post
This is not the best place for the advise you seek, now if you were paid that much you must be a person who is aware of how to at least handle your ins and outs for you and your family.

Everyone situation is different, and everyone comfort level in investment is also different. Best you speak to close friends and family familiar with this investment instruments before making a decision.

Least if something goes wrong someone familiar can ease your doubts. I invest in property its not for everyone, some will recommend stocks. But do you know the pitfalls and grey areas in property to invest in them soundly? Same goes for stocks if the market tank are you calm enough not to dump your holdings?

I am assuming you don't invest regularly and hence come here to ask? As I said speak to friends and close ones. Anonymous people on the internet should not be relied on for this type of decision.

Good luck
... i partly agree with the above. it's ok to read stuff on the web, but you have to be discerning and filter out the noise from the signal. there are lots of good sharing around, even in this forum. from my experience, the WORST kind of advice is from those "professional" relationship managers, personal financial "con"sultant and fund managers. even the radio and newspapers are sometimes filled with sales people who are out to get your money (their pay comes from your commissions).