Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Millionaire Member

Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to point out another angle as to why property in Singapore is a good long term hedge. The other points about limited land, decreasing value of money, and the projected population to 6.9 mil are already debated to death here.

It is about Singapore government's determination to keep rejuvenating the island to make it attractive for investments, tourism, as a hub for this and that. The amount of money being pumped in into infrastructural development and transportation is very significant. This infra upgrading / improvements all add to the value of the properties in the country without the home owners needing to do anything. A very simple example is when the MRT stations were announced, prices of properties near them suddenly increased by 10-15% even though the owners didn't do anything. Similarly for those staying near to new shopping malls and good schools including international schools.

My issue is not about investing in property in Singapore although I must admit that I have 2 condos. My issue is about missing out on these goodies coming on stream because I will too old to enjoy them. The other is that you need to have good savings to live here. I am aiming to work for another 7 yrs till 62.
Definitely an old man still thinking the old way. Your pitch is perfect. Go and be a property agent as a second job. My advice to you is not be greedy and sell off your 2 condos while you still can secure good prices...