Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2013, 09:15 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this case, I could highlight the applicant's credentials to my boss. There are officers with private degrees but generally they are not hired from the 'open'.
Generally is the correct word. To share my story. I was a NTU/NUS reject 12 years ago. If I were to apply in open, I would be dropped by HR. Hence, I didn't bother to apply for government jobs after receiving a few rejection letters from GLCs/stat boards like IDA upon graduation. If GLCs rejected me, what more about ministries? Then, there was a series of worldwide government websites being hacked. I was intrigued by these government website hacking and I attempted to track these activities using my home setup honeypots during my free time. I mentioned these activities in my CV that was deposited all over the recruitment sites.

Somehow, someone forwarded my CV to some senior director in the security sector. I received a call for informal discussion. Rest is history. Looking back, I'm still with same director for past 10-year and have had 4 promotions.

Last edited by cslee; 31-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.