Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Business Analyst (System)
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Verified Member

happyman is on a distinguished road
Default Can business analyst transit into banking line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouble Saha View Post
Can anyone please tell me what should be the expected salary of a Business Analyst having 5+yrs in banking domain.

I was asked to give my expected salary? Please help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
5+ yrs is AVP or early VP, 8-9k

Fresh grad, currently seeking and considering my career path. At first, my plan is to try out for foreign banking back end roles, to climb from the start with quite a low pay of (2.3 - 2.8k) as analyst > associate > avp and etc. (I am aiming for fields with better prospect such as KYC, compliance or risk management fields.)

However, I happened to got a job offer for business analyst in a printer company and I do see some prospect as a business analyst. I am considering much and trying to compare the career path for both industry and versatility as a business analyst .

I am wondering if I were to accept my job offer, can my current job exp be transit into banking sector when I attain certain yrs of exp as a business analyst for my scenario. Will they level the salary and position with the yrs of exp that I have attain.

Let me quote a similar eg.

I got 5 yrs of exp as a business analyst/consultant in this printer company. One day, I wish to transit into banking industry, are these experience relevant and considered for a matched pay or senior banking roles such as avp or equivalent roles? (which means I no need to start from the scratch)

If is possible, what kind of field I should be looking at if i were to transit to banking industry as reference from the above eg. i quoted.