Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Verified Member

happyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Climbing to AVP, not v difficult to attain. After certain number of years etc auto promote etc unless you are doing some really backend role with no prospects. Anyway rank is not important $$$ is more important. Also how much your position / rank pays you depends on your jobscope etc / last drawn pay etc.

Other good backend roles i can think of which are in demand are prolly compliance, finance and accounting (these generally have bad worklife balance tho), market risk/ops risk management.

I am currently a credit analyst, responsible for conducting annual review's of the bank's corporate exposures. I basically do the reviews and present them in the credit committee meeting to get approvals. I manage the review schedule myself, just need to ensure everything is reviewed by year end.

I have been in semi-sales line as a assistant RM in corporate banking. If you want a 'sales' job with good work life balance i would recommend being a RM in a japanese bank. No pressure to hit targets as the senior SVPs are the one who bear the brunt of the targets and you just 'assist' them etc. No stress at all and bonuses not bad in the range of 4 - 6 months.

Thanks for the sharing and advise bro, its veri constructive and its some piece of sharing that I have been searching for ... however I need more of these sharing from u guys to make up my mind. though I have come close to my decision.

How abt pple in sales line? more sharing of urs work life and lifestyle? whats urs mindset and plans when u started off banking sales line. fast cash, build up urs finance and invest or business for early retirement? I believe one would like to enjoy life and likely exhausted by in this industry once u rhed beyond mark of age 40. I would like to hear more sharing from banking sales line.