Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are a couple in our early 40s. Earning a combined annual salary of $150,000.
We live in a HDB Executive flat in Queenstown (I believe it is worth $1.2m at least) and now plans to upgrade to a condo in Bukit Timah. We have managed to save $500,000 and will need to save another $500,000 before making the upgrade.
Lucky for you. Owning a choice location HDB is like striking the lottery. The owners of Duxton place are already expecting above $1M for their 5 room apartments. It will be easy for them to upgrade to a condo.

Having lived in both HDBs and Condo, I can say that my quality of life has improved by leaps when I moved to the condo. My current condo comes with full facilities (usual gym, squash, tennis, basket ball court, 2 pools, BBQ pits and a sundry shop). Car park lots are also plentiful. Since we moved into the condo, my whole family are exercising more because of the convenience. I have also sold off my country club membership - as there is nothing I need that I cannot get from the condo.

I still cringed as I recalled the troubles we have to go through when getting the children ready for swimming in the public pool when we were living in HDB. After all the packing, and then driving to the pool, only to find the pool packed with people. The worse case was when we reached the pool, it started to rain spoiling the mood. It happened often enough that my children lost interest in swimming. Now we just have to look out our window, and its "let's go for a swim - the pool is clear".

We also enjoy the evening stroll in and around the condo premises. The nicely landscaped ground, the fountains and lighting really make you feel you are in a resort. Very relaxing... In fact when we first moved in, we didnt go for our regular year end holiday preferring to relax and enjoy the condo.