Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This may not be much of a consolation, but the median monthly income in 2011 is around $3k, according to the MOM report on wages in 2012 (the 2013 report is not out yet). So at least half the people in Singapore are earning less than you. The posters in this forum are not representative of what most people earn. Unfortunately, I don't have any specific advice to dispense. Maybe upgrade to a 5-room flat if you can afford to, and rent out a room for pocket money and to accummulate more savings.
Also you might be interested to know posters here could have multiple personalities. For eg, in one post, I could be in my mid fifties, retired and enjoying rentals of $120K pa from 3 investment condos or I could be in my late 40s with $200K pa and staying in a landed property with a condo to collect rent, or I could be a thirty something single struggling to keep with up with $50K pa and still living with my parents in a 4 rm HDB.

Dont be too affected by the posts here - none of which has a name to it and thus the claims are not verifyable.

That there are rich people in Singapore should not be surprising as there are in all other countries. Singapore is still an open economy and society and everyone has a chance to make it. And then there is also toto - once in a while an ordinary dude gets to level up.