Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be turning 40 this year. Been in a low paying job all these years. When I read this forum, I get demoralized as many here earn at least $100k pa, whereas I'm earning only $50k pa. I'm also jealous of the property flipping stories shared my many rich people here. I can't even dream of that as most of my pay went towards paying bills after bills. Don't have much in the bank for a downpayment for a condo. I can only dream of upgrading from my 3 room flat to a 5 room flat. Many of my friends are living either in a condo or a landed property. Wondering whether I should take up a second job, such as part time taxi driving, to enable me to save to upgrade to a condo. Can someone advise what I should do? I want to live in a condo to match up with my friends.
This may not be much of a consolation, but the median monthly income in 2011 is around $3k, according to the MOM report on wages in 2012 (the 2013 report is not out yet). So at least half the people in Singapore are earning less than you. The posters in this forum are not representative of what most people earn. Unfortunately, I don't have any specific advice to dispense. Maybe upgrade to a 5-room flat if you can afford to, and rent out a room for pocket money and to accummulate more savings.