Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ntu sociology degree
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you for posting the article. One of the best things that sums up situation in Singapore. Off topic, but i felt that we should all understand that not everyone is going to be super successful. Take the hard truth, stop dreaming about earning millions without doing something creative or starting business. We are now suffering from the side effects of rapid economic progression. Not much people broke 10k barrier.

Back to TS. Find something that best combines passion with pragmatism. Is there something you can do well too? Maybe doing an engineering degree with a minor in sociology?
Your learning does not stop at the university. You can always learn more by self-reading.

Maybe sociology grads can find a job in marketing and communications area. I know that this departments hires mostly humanities grads. I am in an asset management company, and this is what I see.
In Singapore property is the most common way to make millions, start business much more risky and 80% biz will close down.

Marcoms will always go for business grads first, humanities like economics, pyschology, journalism will rank behind. Sociology is in the same garbage league as things like Political Science, Philosophy etc. This is the sad truth in Singapore.