Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Verified Member

ZoOq is on a distinguished road

Actually my intention is to head in mortgage loan banking sales. But due to recent cooling measure, regardless is friends from dbs, ocbc, uob, citibank etc, all doing veri badly, comms cut and freezing headcount. As it dun seems to be a gd head-start, now trying standchart PFC which one of my friend is doing rather well inside. Might be looking into RM as well, but the learning curve seems veri steep esp when u do not have any sales exp. Some of the my friend give up within 6 mths but i do hear successful cases. So it really depend on individual capabilities. But if there are chances of moving to operation sector, will there be a major pay cut compare to sales? And where will u start from?

As for engineering line, I am also looking into oil and gas industry for sales engineer or project engineer, something to do with soft skills role. But again, is not easy to get in esp when our exp in rsaf is unrecognized no doubt I would say there is a lot of take away during my career in RSAF which is contributory to many industry. Anyway, care to share how much is Sales engineer salary PA (inclusive of allowance and bonus).

Any recommendation or if u all have any lobang, u can PM me =)