Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ntu sociology degree
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I rejected SMU biz for NUS sociology, now abt to graduate. Never regretted the decision cos I thought business can be learnt. Just as those peeps above are saying soci is a 2nd tier degree, biz is a general degree that isn't worth 4 years of your time...

If you're good, you're good. This nonsense abt the private sector and the possibility of making millions is a pipe dream for many. Only some make it, not all. Don't get lulled into that rhetoric.

Just do what u like, it's very impt. As for getting rich and being proud of what you've done, u probably ought to do a business. I woul think it's much fulfilling than banking etc. And to do a business u don't need to be a biz grad. Ideas don't only come to them.

Best of luck
You haven't even start working for 1 day yet, isn't it way too early to declare you "never regretted the decision"?

Once you hit 40 drawing a crap pay struggling to pay mortgages and kids bills and you can still say you never regret becasue you like doing sociology then I will respect you. Undergrad bravado means nothing now.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app