Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoOq View Post
Hi guys, I am glad that this thread do exist who engineers share the same sentiment and acknowledge how bad the prospect of engineer is being brought down by ft and understanding that SG is a financial hub where engineering is not much of value here. As I am looking at a bigger picture in 20 yrs time. Tats y, I juz quit SAF after being regular for 8 yrs, currently 28 yr old holding engineering degree with m5 and m9 certs. Wanted to move on to the finance or banking sector. No doubt it may not be guarantee I will be able to do well in this industry, but i would still give a try. Planning to first step into banking sales and currently waiting for my referrer lobang to revert. But yet the future path remain quite vivid for me coz I am rather new to the industry. Any advise for foresight or advancement of my career path should I set and aim for as i believe I can't be doing normal banking sales forever unless I am doing very well with work life balance in this line. Afterall, banking sales is more for youngsters. Best is someone who went thru my path could advise and share his/her story and see if banking sales exp could bridge to any other better career prospect in banking or finance sector such as business analyst.
Do u know what kind of banking sales jobs exactly u want? There are so many different sales jobs in banking, cannot like that generalise.

Seems more logical for u to get an engineering sales job then wasting time doing banking sales. Your referer is what level in the bank? If is some small fry then what lobang can he get for you?

You should apply for jobs more to do with ur exp, u r quite old to go and apply for jobs suitable for ppl in early 20s fresh from school. What industry are you at now after SAF?