Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - So freaking hard to break into SAP jobs..
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsakura View Post
Story time...true story

Try to find a SAP consultant job for the last 2 months. no luck at all, not even A SINGLE CALL..

I am holding SAP certificate. but it seems useless, although many of the job advertisements say it is nice to have....recruit firm called, don't give a F about your certificate, "That's not enough, even doesn't matter!" said the HR.

Seriously, I have no idea how those consultant in the market gained their experiences and start the career.......

experiences, experiences....well, i guess no one was born with experiences...this is the first time i was born as a human to be frankly, and i don't have any experiences.

I don't care about the starting salary, just need a chance, an ice breaker....well, every one need a chance.
You are going totally wrong way. Nobody in the market will pick up a newbie who has no exp except for a silly cert to be a SAP consultant.

Most start off in some general IT/ITES industry or were doing other entry level jobs in places like Finance/Logistics/Mfg/HR/Planning etc and then internally migrate to do SAP work within those functions. The employer then sponsor them at some point to get the SAP cert.

You cannot just study theory and buy that cert and no work exp and expect people to hire you as a "consultant"!!!