Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2013, 10:43 PM
A Civil Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys!

I'm currently exploring the possibility of joining the Commercial Affairs Department as a Commercial Affairs Officer (CAO). I would like to know more about the career progression and pay structure of a CAO. (e.g. how is the pay rise like each year. Is there a point where most people's pay 'freezes' and if there is where that might be (assuming regular work performance, i'm not referring to an extraordinary performer or a scholar)...)

I apologize for sounding so clueless, but I've tried searching online and I can't seem to find much info about it. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some advice or thoughts!

To offer a little background abt myself: I'm studying acct in a local uni and am contemplating whether I should enter commercial firms (e.g. audit) or head to the govt sector.

Thanks in advance!
Spend three to five years in the private sectors before joining govt sector to retire. You should "pia" when you are a young school leaver. If you make it in private sector, good for you. Can risk and work hard while you have no commitment. Once married, and have kids, govt sector will offer you better work life balance.