Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post

i dont doubt you r where u said . but i think you must have missed out a few points in mentioning how u arrived .

a. You mentioned Masters in top tier US university n spouse studying as well.
how was this financed ?

b. any cheap hdb property in singapore cost money. assume 400k, u still have down payment , minimal reno. whch cost $$$$

c. if you had worked so little yet able to pay off the above, u either had a spouse whom had the necessary cpf savings plus cash or parents.

If you financed your own education and all above then truly , i think u have mastered something i m truly keen to learn. i went the self help route all n paid for my uni , wedding, reno etc by savings n i didnt reach your status until i was 35. i am no where like the many posts here but i think i represent the real singaporean in the sense we r far far away from thinking about retirement n stuff like that because the cost of living is high n our salaries r not rising like what is posted.

some here can i m a loser as compared to their grand salaries n from the money angle , that is true.... but that to me is the reality of life. one winner, many losers....nevertheless, to win in life, money is not the only thing.and i m thankful that i realised that a long long time ago.
I can see you gave up trying to make sense by the last paragraph