Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ITE Aerospace/Avionics Lecturer Jobs
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Verified Member

losthope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello! View Post
working hours is flexible. I find it hard to answer you but let's quote an example:

on Mondays, my class starts at 9am. try to be in school by 830am, giving yourself at least 1/2 an hour to prepare and set up for the lesson. i'm normally in school by 8am.

depending on your time schedule, your day could end at 3pm. by 'end', I meant to say that there is no more class and you might want to spend some time doing admin and paperwork.

I normally leave the school at around 6pm, after clearing emails and finishing with my paperwork.

CCA:

you can choose to join any established CCA as a helper/co-ordinator or you can come up with your own CCA. you can choose not to join and concentrate on your teaching. its up to each individual.

Salary:

as mentioned previously in my reply, the HR will try to match your current pay.

all newcomers are on 2 or 3 years contract and if your performance is not up to par, you will not be rewarded with a re-contract.

annual leave is 21 days. you can clear your leave during school holidays.
Thanks for the reply, appreciated!
Regarding your reply on Salary, HR will try matching with your current pay even if you are a "newcomer" with no teaching experience? I accumulated more then 10 yrs working experience as an Engineer in an MNC so you think ITE/HR will still try an match my current pay? I am expecting some paycut but not know to what extend.