Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ITE Aerospace/Avionics Lecturer Jobs
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2013, 10:16 PM
hello!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious? View Post
I though usually they will match your pay of give you a couple of hundreds more???

Unless the amount you earned outside includes sales commission, OT and allowances like transport???

Wonder when rationale does one go through to make the difficult decision of accepting a pay cut?

Any comments?
they will try to match and depending on the current pay you're drawing and if it falls within their pay structure, then they will most likely match your pay or in some cases, give you slightly more than your current pay.

it depends on the HR.

taking a pay cut in exchange for free weekends, more time for friends and family even in weekdays, no more O.T and probably doing something that I like to do, in my instance, teaching, why not?

no more returning home at 10pm+, where the children have slept, little time to talk to parents, to wife...

can afford to take leave twice a year and go travel with the family...

meet up with wife and friend and go for a drink/meal on weekday evenings...

go picnic on Saturdays and on days when I have no lesson, I can take leave and spend the day with my children, taking them to school... having lunch with them, taking them for their swimming lesson...

in short, watching them grow up.

i don't know about you but when I was in the corporate world, it is almost impossible to do some of the things listed due to heavy workload. perhaps some of you are in the same shoes as I once was. maybe some of you are happy with the way your life maps out.

regardless, one man's meat is another's poison. this is my chosen path and i'm glad.

a word of caution, newcomers are all on contract, 2 years or 3 and it is imperative that we perform or our contract will not be renewed.

thanks for reading. =)