Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Earners In Civil Service
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2009, 09:27 PM
farmer--

Default 4578

Who are the ones responsible for ENSURING the grunts are kept in line? They are the middle managers. The middle managers in the civil service and all statutory boards are also farmers which is why they are ineffective. They are also jia liao bee, and cannot make it in the private sector. They are local graduates. The farmers. Part of the hoi polloi like you and me.

There is a dire and sore lack in macro assessment, an exercise often used in consulting.

Admin Officers were not conducting checks on hawkers or guarding Mas Selamat's cell. The thing is, I know you'll say something like it flows from top down, but only policies do. Policies and culture influence operations by a very large percentage, but never 100 per cent. If so, then you would find your 17 yr old McDonald's burger flippers having the exact same character as the CEO of McDonald's.

We all know the very same group of people who complain that all organisations move away from micromanagement are the same ones expecting a perm secretary or director to keep tabs on every hawker in Singapore. Even if NEA grunts are little gods, they might still have missed the 24 hour action of food preparation of all the hawkers and restaurant chefs here.

Intellectually, I highly question the symptom some afflicted people exhibit of attributing blame of lone grunt to the top, something I've seen quite a lot recently and which I believe to be connected to envy of the powerful.

In corporate analogy, it would be akin to penalizing the late Richard Stanley if a DBS teller gave you the wrong change at the counter, causing a chain of events that led to catastrophe eg you putting in the wrong sum in a red packet to the in-laws for your wife's dowry.

It's reasonable to attribute blame to the top for overall crash of a framework, because systemic failure would have been conclusively proven. An example of this? CEOs sacked after a company crashes. Systemic crash of homeland securities is fulfilled when there is a crash of homeland security and safety, charted through crime and safety rates of the country. An example? If the crime rate soared to a level when Singapore is as safe as, say, Malaysia?

In any case, the cause of Geylang food poisoning was not 'rats' but water from raw sotong kept in the refrigerator above the rojak gravy dripped right into the bowl of gravy.

adiemuso, regarding January 20th, 2009 at 9:34 am, it must be hard for you. From all your posts, you have neither non monetary and monetary...