Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banking Call Centre
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm working at a call centre in a high tech company. Starting pay for me was 3,000 I have a local uni degree.

Basically at the start of the job, it is very difficult as you have a lot of things to learn and ****up customers to deal with. imagine getting scolded during the phone call things like you're ****. you don't know your stuff.

But after 3 months, you will be a master at your job when you become experienced and you become immune to the customers' scoldings haha. so.. it becomes a super easy and slack job... you begin to wonder if you have a future down the road..

This person has described it very well. Only that a diploma holder starting pay is lower than that.
It's not hard to grasp the whole thing. After some time you indeed would know how to handle everything at your fingertips, just the matter of time.

All you need is the skill of listening to what the company expect you to provide the customer, even it means "sorry" and "thankyou" all day long to stroke their ego and make them feel good. There is almost no rights for you, what customer request you just give. Simple as that. They scold you, you need to smile. (this is no joke). Customer want what, you just say okay okay. (but of cos within company's limit). Pretty much a testing patience job and no pride no ego.

An ideal job for those like to do "easy" job, you need more EQ than IQ and after you left the company (sooner or later one, nowadays most jobs are contract isnt it?), you'll realise you have not much value-add to your overall package. If possible, deg holders steer clear this kinda jobs if you want to have more value add to your own skill/ career in your fields.

Career progression? Your can be a team leader, managing a group of trainees taking calls.
Ideal enough for you? If yes, Pray hard.
Hmm preferedly a 'deg holder FT' from their countries would do.