Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2013, 04:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The person who originally posted the comment probably doesn't appreciate what it takes to draft good minutes either.

I have had many painful hours vetting and amending crappy minutes from my staff (who are uni grads). Going by the way they write, you'd think some of them were doing transcripts!
I'm the original commenter, and I just want to clarify that I do appreciate what it's like to draft proper minutes, which are not ad verbatim notes. I just feel that it can be classified as mundane stuff since it takes up a lot of time, while we have 24 hours deadline for the minutes to be drafted and approved by minister. It is important, cuz it will be taken as evidence of certain agencies agreeing to do certain work and so on...

On vetting ur staff minutes... Well I guess u just need to train your staff more? I'm not sure of the dynamics at ur work place, but my boss actually went through my first ever minutes to point out what is wrong and what should be done so that I would not make the same mistakes again... Of course some staff are just plain oblivious...