Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Private Banking Salaries
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To clear up doubts, if you want to earn big in banks, do sales.

The normal operation staffs don't earn much. Frontdesk tellers pay starts at about 2k for diploma, the most senior i've seen is about 4k but she's near her fifties.

As a equity researcher responsible for generating reports for clients, i draw a fixed salary that is 'on-par' with my peers in civil service. Why i say 'on-par' is because you have to factor in the extra time put in. Most of the fixed salary in banks are paid 'competitively' to singapore market rates (pegged to the salaries of civil servant, the benchmark of salary)

Many of the people are just plain trolls. Bankers are like property agents, few make it big, many fail miserably. For private bankers you get money as you close. The record holders draws few millions per annum. But there isn't alot.

Private bankers are not rich. There is a saying internally that it's a irony that we take care of client's money but do not know how to take care of our own. Many people have died in banking industry due to their unrealistic lifestyles.

Was curious about this topic, entered this thread, only to find plenty of trolls lying around.

Source: I work in a bank.
Well I worked in a bank before, and in tech and ops. I made 150k doing random analyst kind of work (called "business architect"), while my indian boss made 200k+. The tech PMs all made close to 200k.