Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, future performance is not the only determinant for career advancement. CEP or Career Expected Potential plays an instrumental role in how fast and how far one can go. This is in turn dependent on your degree and other credentials/experience if they do consider it. In my opinion, the degree is still the single most important criterion. If one has a 2nd class upper from NUS/NTU and is below the age of 30, he or she can expect to hit at least MX9 in time to come. There are of course, many other external factors along the way and there are isolated cases too, but I shan't not elaborate here.

UOTE=jobhunter1234;33747]Oh. Meaning local degree might get an initial higher starting salary while the rest depends on future performance. Hmm..then it won't be a bad idea to actually study 2 years private uni than 4 years local uni in that sense. But I think progression will still somehow depends on which uni you are from since govt sector favours local and some other ivy league overseas uni from what has been told by some of my friends. Another poster also stated that graduates from local uni have better chances for future recommendations to take up the role of AM.
[/QUOTE]

Judging on the acronym for CEP , hmmm - a dubious post.