Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Hi wern, I think you are already doing quite well though. But I'm just curious that why did you apply for public sector since your degree is a pass merit (no offence). I believe you do know that the salary scheme pars to an individual's qualification, thus I suppose you won't really benefit in terms of starting salary and future prospect. Rather, I think you will stand a better chance if you apply to private sector instead. However, you can just ignore what I have said if you have genuine interest to serve in the public sector, or rather, you wanted a much more stable job.

All the best hopefully Ministry X will you the job.
Frankly speaking, unless you intend to work in banking/finance/sales/business development type of roles where it is profit centre rather than cost centre, then I'm not sure that the private sector is better than the public service. From what I can tell, it is only a minority of people who can make it big in the private sector, while the rest continue to slave away like peons and be paid below what they would have been paid if they were public servants.