Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2013, 12:22 AM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
The blasting session i had with the DD and Head is pte and I prefer not to say.
All I can tell you is that HR probably made a mistake, misread my CV.
The JD was so vague yet they came expecting me to know Java, C++ from a non-IT guy like me. I def won't apply to a IT position if I knew it was one.

My current contract position is in PTE sector and I generally know (after working there for a while ) that I'm a civil service kind of person la. Some people like the prospect of boundless limitations to pursue money and goals but I'm a kind of person who doesn't like my KPI being tied to how many clients, how much accounts I can bring in per quarter. The money aspect just doesnt appeal to me. Work life balance is higher priority that I place on myself.

I can accept the glass ceiling because I have other income streams. Parents have been managing a small stock portfolio for me and I will be taking it over and contributing a % of my pay to it once I get a proper FT job. Both my parents were civil servants and they know the biscuit tin+ bluechip stock secret to growing your wealth (of course at a slower rate compared to pte sector highfliers lah). Single guy here anyway.. not much committments per month. My handphone plan is the cheapest one available and I don't intend to get a car. Actually making some longterm planning for a house in the future already. But theres extremely far away from now. Anw aren't you a scholarship holder?
Oh geez...the HR misread your CV? That's definitely time wasted. I couldn't imagine how the interview was conducted with them thinking that they had probably picked the wrong person by mistake. Anw, just treat it as an experience and move forward.

It is great that you understand what you want in life and it is even better that your parents have been doing financial planning for you and definitely you are gonna benefit from what they have done and with yourself continue to invest for a better future. It is good to live prudently

Yea. I'm a scholarship holder but not PSC though. I have gotten my scholarship from a private coy. As for me, I'm certain that public sector is not for me in the long run and I never have the intention of applying to any ministries/stat board. So far I have been in the mid of an interview for a graduate programme. The interviewer told me that there will be another round of interview around Feb but it has since been a month and there isn't reply from their side and I'm kind of worried that they rejected me

Recently, my mum couldn't stand me lazing around at home doing nothing and told me to apply to any jobs available. I have since applied to one of the stat boards and hopefully they call me up for interview.