Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2013, 11:35 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
Pass (merit).
My grades were 0.1 away from 2nd lower.

1. Treasury Building Ministry - this one was rotten from the start. Went into the room, got blasted by the DD and Head. No surprise abt the result after 2 weeks. at least they (or rather the HR lady) had the courtesy to make a rejection phonecall.

2. Environment Building - This was the one where I got to the final stage.
3. WDA - got to 2nd round, rejected
4. Ministry X (just finished their case study assignment now waiting for interview so I can't tell you which one).

For No.2 I also cannot believe. Freaking wasted my time chasing them for 2 whole weeks for an answer, as I was mentally preparing to tender my resignation from my contract job at that time. Seems quite bizarre to me that they need "superior's approval" to reject someone. My only guess is that it was a very close call between me and the other guy.
Hi wern, I think you are already doing quite well though. But I'm just curious that why did you apply for public sector since your degree is a pass merit (no offence). I believe you do know that the salary scheme pars to an individual's qualification, thus I suppose you won't really benefit in terms of starting salary and future prospect. Rather, I think you will stand a better chance if you apply to private sector instead. However, you can just ignore what I have said if you have genuine interest to serve in the public sector, or rather, you wanted a much more stable job.

All the best hopefully Ministry X will you the job.