Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies................

Wow! great to see so many different views.... as a former civil servant I also understand CEP. CEP is really dependent on bosses and may differ year to year...anyway the reason why I am considering MTI is becoz I feel that I would have an advantage as I intend to do my Phd at NTU(RSIS) ...probably will do research in political economics. Being in MTI would help me in my thesis and data collection.

or continue in the private sector and give up on the Phd... what you guys think?

BTW any chance of getting a scholarship from MTI or any government dept ( draw normal salary plus study fulltime) with bond of course.. my family not too well to do. Advice needed here.