Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2013, 03:56 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies.

I would like to hear some opinions on whether I should do i mid career switch to joining Spring Singapore or Ministry of Trade? My MIB programme focuses more on intl trade and macro business issues and I feel that I am not making full use of it in FMCG. The next issue is of course what salary scale can I expect if I were to make the switch?

I tried many avenues to find salary structure of the SPRING and MTI but to no avail. Can someone help?
Most importantly, check if this is the career for you to develop long term, if you do well and contribute significantly to Singapore economy, no need to worry about the salary structure. It's your CEP that counts. CEP can't be determined until your bosses have assessed your potential over time.