Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is hospital salary low for fresh poly grad
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Verified Member

coloursquare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesAirHead View Post
Hi i was browsing this forum and i happened to chance upon this forum.

It is interestingly encouraging and i hope this happens more often, the cynical approach to how most Singaporean tackles situation had depressed me.

I started from a life science background and i first joined a shipping company as a supervisor, I was offered 1450 basic in 2007. That was not my dream job because i wanted to do somethin related.

Later on, my lecturer from polytechnic helped me by recommending me to be a lab technician and i joined with 1550. i worked there for 2.5 years and i scrapped every penny i got for overseas studies. I left the company with the salary of 1850.

After saving 20k i realised the money is still insufficient for my studies so i took up a student loan to pay my school fees. I spent 40k in total to pursue my degree in Australia with double major.

When i came back in 2010 i was offered a job as a Chemist at 2.2k basic. It was comparatively low to all my friends who were in a different field that i was. Nonetheless i never gave up and i took up the job and repay my student loan in a year. I left a 1.5 year later with 2.4k.

However, aside from the hard work, health begin to its toll and soon i realise i had to give up my passion in the life science field. So i started looking into management and is now offered a position as a assistant manager in a US company. My basic currently is 3600.

To sum it up, it is true hard work can be the solution to tackle most situation but do not forget about your health. To work and study at the same time is tough, and moreover you are doing night shift.

It is essential to understand where you wanna set your goal and i hope eventually you will succeed. Just do not remain in the box to think that hard work always pay off, you need strategy and forcus too.

Hi,

you said you took up student loan. is it from the aus uni that you have studied? is there any interest? do you have guarantor to sign the student loan? if have how much does the guarantor needs to earn in order to be your guarantor.

By the way you said you spend 40k in aus....is that for 4 years or 1 year? is it living expenses only?

Sorry to ask so much qns.