Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job grades and responsibilities in Civil Service
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2012, 09:44 AM
A Civil Servant

The way TS asks questions I highly doubt he/she would see a promotion from MX11/12. Seems to have a misconception that so long as you serve enough time you will automatically get promoted. That is no longer the case. Look in the case of MOE. You think every teacher gets to become HOD, every HOD gets to become Vice Principal, and every Vice Principal gets to become Principal?

Wait long long ok?

Basing on your information in the other thread - you draw 150k and so you are expecting/hoping to be slotted in at a pay-equivalent Superscale MX9. I don't know what you are doing in your current job, but if all you do is technical work then no you wouldn't get MX9. MX12-11-10-9 all have increasing levels of responsibility and people management. You are no longer just crunching numbers but managing a tiered team of people. Do you have any management experience, or are you just a dogface statistician?

You would probably get MX11, if they were cruel to you because you've shown your losing hand (redundancy), MX12, and make you work for your MX11. Have a look at the other threads and see what kind of paycuts other people are taking in order to come to a perceived "safe haven" that is insulated from recession and fluctuations.

You cannot have your cake and eat it.

HR is smart to know when times are bad and job hoppers are looking for a safe place to park themselves only to hop out again when times are on the upswing. You're on Titanic, you are looking for a lifeboat to park your @rse on, and you're still trying to pick a lifeboat that is helmed by a handsome sailor.

Sorry, but that's the feel I get.