Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Barclays B5 AVP IT salary range
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Tracker is on a distinguished road

I am not sure where the figures from the above figures are from but they sound more like VP rank as opposed to AVP, anyway for 7 years experience running project and assuming you have certificates i.e PRINCE II or a fully train Scrum master it will be hard to get such a role in a Bank IT division to command such a salary. From what I know.

VP - 125K - 170K (Bonuses have been eliminated since the crash, 1 - 2 month at most if really lucky, Directors get first cut of the bonus pool)
AVP rank - 72K - 100K (100K if really qualified AVP) (Again most likely no bonus, VP will get the bonus before an AVP does)

Bonuses are usually reserved for the Front Office, I knew a chap from Ukraine writing specialize code for automated derivative trading and he got bonuses but he worked really closely with front office.

Barclays is currently revamping their IT infra and am recruiting on a IT fronts but I think they are considered Ops type role, realistically a AVP role in that area would probably command about 78K - 90K at most. (No Bonus but they got good perks though)