Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Full-time vs internship
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2012, 12:22 PM

kaden1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
confusing... first say complete acca then say want to be lawyer then later want to be management consultant.
Ohh my apologies for the confusion: My mid-term aim is to be a lawyer as the job scope is more interesting and is better paid as compared to an accountant.

In the long-term, however, I will use my lawyering and slight accounting experience to transit into management consultancy. My motivation in doing so lies solely in trying to break the pay cap faced by many lawyers and hopefully understand more about businesses to eventually hold multiple directorships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
Yeah.. I also confused about that. Seems like TS doesn't know what he wants.
If you finished your ACCA with good grades, you can try going straight into Big4. Some firms are willing to accept acca in lieu of a degree.

ACCA and accountancy side can later move on to consultancy roles but I don't get the lawyer part. BTW you can take up summer internships with the big4 which will coincide and end just before uni starts. Anyway if they offer you a FT position you should just take it.
Is it irresponsible or does it reflect unfavourably upon me in the future to leave after just 6 months of being permanent staff?

My aims of working for the coming 6 months are to bolster my CV and gain some practical knowledge to satisfy the ACCA's practical experience requirements.

Last edited by kaden1; 26-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.