Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,

I need some advice here.

I'm 29. I graduated late cos I stayed in school to do a masters degree. I have been working for one and a half years in a job I really hate that has nothing to do with my qualifications. Pay low and long working hours with lots of OT and a high level of frustration due to demanding/fault finding superiors, peers and clients. I have been sending out applications since a year ago, and have been through a few interviews but no job offer thus far.

I am thinking of quitting right after getting my year end bonus to find a proper job in full force. I haven't been able to prepare well for my interviews or applications because I have all my time taken up by my current job. Also I have forgotten what I studied in my undergrad and postgrad years that I would use the time to review so that I can get a related job.

Many people tell me this is a stupid decision, but I feel that if I stay in my job, I'll never be able to get a new job cos I cannot concentrate on job application. What do you think? Should I quit? After all, I've been trying for a year already, and I'm starting to feel jaded and dejected already.
No point being in a job that you dislike so much. It would be good if you really think it over and make a decision soon as you will be hitting the big 3 soon. (age)