Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - All signs point to Major Retrenchments, yet Permanent Secretary Flaunts Wealth
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
aw--

Default 3806

OK, here's a somewhat contrarian view for the sake of discussion.

- to all who bash him for "showing off" - it just sounds like any other dad writing his honest and candid account of a family vacation. He even bemoans about the expensive food "3 times the cost" of back home.

- He made his money legally, why begrudge him. Maybe you should have qualified to be Perm Sec instead if you are more capable than him. To the many, many multi-millionaires, they are probably going, "Hah! Poor guy. I have my own PERSONAL French chef, why the fark take lessons". To you, just because you don't have it, you bash him.

- And, make sure you read the article first because it sure sounds like you didn't - just bashing him for your own fears and frustration with the economy. What about the farkers in the US who created this mess in the first place? Shouldn't they be waaaaay on top of your bash list?

- To those who thinks he is arrogant and showing off - he seems pretty humble to me, saying he sucks at cooking and surprised he came in fifth. He's just stating facts and being proud of his wife and son. Being arrogant is when he bashes other people for not being able to make it to Brown. Bashing him for that - sour grapes much?

- If you have been working for so long, and you can't take 5 weeks leave - seriously, you are doing it wrong. Why don't *you* work every last bit and give every day of your life for the country for the rest of your life? Some bosses of companies take half the time off. Some go straight to the golf course - why the fark?

- "I'm suffering, so everyone must suffer" syndrome. You are worried about your economy. Someone else is not. So they must STFU?

- When there are challenges ahead, you buck up and ask yourself why you never work harder in school so you could get a recession-proof job, or you rise to the challenge and survive the recession. Spend less. Fark that SG$5 cup of coffee. It's not a right.

- Are we in a communist country where the state MUST provide income for you without your effort? A democratic country provides security & legal boundaries - the rest is up to you. You want to be a slacker, open restaurant, sell cars, or a billionaire - you can.

- Foreigners "taking over" your jobs? Get creative lah, upgrade your skills, change careers, start a business or migrate. It's a globalised world. What do you think of lazy US auto workers who resent foreign competition? Scumbags, right? Well, now you're being the scumbag.