Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Wet Trading - Prospects
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimhigh View Post
Hi all, I had my doubts about an actual community here helping (lots of slagging and outright lies going on) but here I am, out on a limb to try and request some friendly advice from the seniors here.

I'm thinking of going into Wet Trading as a Junior Trader, meaning bulk (Gasoil/Naphtha/Fuel oil/CBFS) and/or speciality commodities (Methanol/BTX's/Aromatics/Acid).

I have 5 years background as a shipbroker in small tanker markets for Vegoils/Softoils/CPP & Chemicals. I am now working in a shipowning company for the last 3 years, and am now aiming higher.

As a shipbroker, my last year including bonuses was SGD 130k, all in.
As a shipowner, my financial year ending 2011 my package was Euro 142k.

I know getting into trading is kind of a "Old Boy's Club" you won't get in without connections. I have connections but it's not convenient for me to ask around for annual packages without it getting back to my company that i'm sniffing around.

Would anyone be able to advise, roughly what kind of annual package for an unproven Junior Traders are out there?
I've heard ranges between SGD6k/month + 13th month + 2-6 month bonus, until SGD12k/month + 0-9 month bonus.

For a frame of reference, I'm thinking of joining one of the big 4 trading houses, G/K/V/T am not keen in joining those Oil Majors, i know I will not gel with the culture of an oil major.
what are your waiting for, i am getting $20k per month +5 mths bonus after 2 years and these are not even good years for oil due to us dollars.