Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

You older guys are too conservative. You always think for tomorrow but never live for the present.

Save so much to spend later. You defer gratisfaction but forget that tomorrow may never come.

I've seen enough of my older generation (relatives), hording cash. Thinking that when they retire they can finally achieve the things they want to.

Who benefits in the end? Children.

My dad drove a Jap car all his life. At age 56, he finally thought it was "safe" enough to spend on luxury. He bought his dream car finally last year (shortly after I bought mine).
Dude at age 56 who gives a damn what car you drive? You are just like any old fart driving a merc.

There's a commodity in life that once spent can never be earned back. That's Time. You only have certain phases in your life to achieve things, once over you can only reminsce.

I spend as much as I can now but I don't overstretch myself. I make sure I can survive.

As for my house, I can weather through 2-3 years of downturn. My wife works for government, so no way will she get retrenched. Not forgetting civil bonus is quite good.

You won't have a chance at my condo, if you are thinking of firesale, sorry not going to happen for this unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Speaking as an older guy, we actually need more young people like you to overstretch themselves. This is so that when the crunch comes, we have the cash to buy things at a much lower price (cars, condos, stocks). And when economy recovers, we will then sell them at higher prices back to young people like you.