Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Verified Member

pretz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hallo Pretz

Thanks for sharing your insights with us.
Are you with an owner or trading house as chartering ?
(** I am suspecting oil majors are out as they typically are unable to pay that well)

Your 174K/yr package (12.4K/mth)
Is this all in, or excludes performance bonus ?

Will be great if you can share some insights.

Cheers.
Hi Unregistered, I am with a trading house with its own vessels. We don't own them, but TC them in (layman terms: "rent them").
$174k/annum is before performance bonus and allowance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will suggest if you do not fully understand the industry Pretz is in, it will be better to keep your shallow comments to yourself. Try googling freight trading / chartering to find out more.

I wonder this boss of yours, is he a employed manager or he owns this company.

If he is a salaried man, he is taking no ownership of the company fund and spending it irresponsibly on overpaying the staff. How can one ask the interviewee to add 20% to his existing pay followed by a 33% inclement before asking your existing salary?

If he owes this company, it will be extremely unusual for him to spend his money to overpay his staff unless he/she very sought after.
His rationale is Singaporean companies abuse employees by constantly low-balling them on their salary, only offering minimal increases when threatened with resignation. Hence the 20%.

As for the 33%, the reasons for such is because in the grand scheme of things, paying me $3-4k more per month, means nothing. $3-4k a month equates to about USD70k, if you factor in the bonus and variables based of that increase. 1 wrong/right move by me, could cost/profit the company far more than my meagre salary. I'm not ashamed to admit i am pretty damn good at what i do, which is how i came to be here in the first place. Don't ask me to balance accounts or do long-term strategic planning though.... my knowledge is niche and completely untransferable to another industry.