Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Performance Improvement Plan - New "tactic" to drive you out of company?
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2012, 10:16 AM

kljx is on a distinguished road
Default Performance Improvement Plan - New "tactic" to drive you out of company?

Hi All,

I'm very troubled by the fact that I have been enrolled in this performance improvement plan after working in the company for 9 years. Reason given was simply "I was being too difficult"!

I have always been performing well in my last few years and hence, this is really too much for me to take it. My boss suggested I go look for a job but at the same time, told me this plan is for my own good. Sound contradicting but I'm sure there is plan for me to go.

The company has not been doing well but this is no way to treat an employee. I know alot of MNC are doing this because this will in a way asking the employees to leave themselves and hence, don't have to pay retrenchment benefits. Even you are not paying retrenchment package to the affected employees, there is no need for you to do that.

I have not been sleeping well and I know the message to me is to get out of the company. I really don't know how to handle this and anyone in this similar situation and any advise whether what should I do?