Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Verified Member

pretz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luwb View Post
After reading so many postings, I can't help feeling that some of u r really over paid.

The financial industry for instance. I hv a friend who is working in this big international financial institution as a middle management purchaser and he is paid close to $20,000 per month. My question is what kind of responsibility or job scope are we talking about to justify that kind of salary? No wonder the there are so much "money" problem in the world.

To make thing worst, we hv a fleet of FT are all 40yrs+ Brits, Norwegians, Americans, Danish and Israeli PRs, about USD300-400k/annum before stock options.

Are they really that good? SERIOUSLY? Just look at US and ERUOPE... A butch of idiots who think they are above others.

I look forward to the day when a ANG-MO doing foot reflex on me and that day is not too far away. Spain unemployment rate has gone unto 24%.
However you look at it, no one will admit (yourself included) that they are being overpaid and accept a lower salary. Before joining the company i am working for now, the boss asked me what my salary was, and what i am expecting.
Before I could respond, he told me to add 20% to my previous salary because Singapore companies pay ****, and told me to add 33% to my expected salary because of the immense monetary responsibility i will be in charge of.

And still i got offered a salary higher than my expected + 33%.