Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Verified Member

lostleo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
Most people who post here seem very focused on only the money part of the remuneration package............

You have family so the issue here is different from most of us who just graduated from Uni and stepping into the workforce or who wish to switch to get better pay and to youngster now, $$ seems to be more impt. Likewise I wld wish to get the most out of everything and $$ is definitely the key factor.

Seriously some ppl might not be able to accept a huge paycut. My frend who has no commitment and is wrking in an org which need to perform 3diff shift duties, PH and wkends is not guarantee rest day for him, totally hv no time for himself. He wanted a change and started looking for jobs. He draws a salary of 4K per month. Recently he went for a interview and was offer 3.3k and he is dilemma. Money or freetime?

Therefore you making a huge paycut in exchange for the time with ur family is admirable and I wld say is a brave decision. Some ppl might not see it as u noe.. $$$ is a temptation... I am glad you are happier & healthier now since you got to spend more time with your family.