Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HDB (under MND)
Thread: HDB (under MND)
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Accountant in HDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OT very rare as far as I can tell, maybe only peak period I see some of them hanging around. Even then, I’ve never seen anyone really stay beyond 8pm. Turnover definitely much lower than outside.

It’s pretty standard stuff they handle, just think of it as an administrator job, the usual things like looking after employment contracts, tending to queries, organizing welfare events, conduct interview etc. Like I mention earlier, it’s not really HR, more like admin department.

Of course they still have occasional fresh grads or <30s coming in, but the point is not they are old or young, it’s just that even with fresh grads, do you think a progressive & ambitious fresh grad will come and work as an administrator in a civil service environment? The culture & recruitment process already serve as auto filter to make sure only those who fit the mould will join regardless of age
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Hi,

Thanks for the insight =)

May I know if you might have any idea on the prospect of an accountant in HDB or the working culture in the Accounting / Finance dept?

Kind regards