Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 14 years of experience both in private and government sector. I started my career with private sector and move to stat board and was there for 4 years and left cos I took a part time rmit degree while I was working there and there was no career advancement after my degree. Thereafter, I move to private sector for a year*and move back to government sector for 2 years and left as my contract ended. I was division 1 mx scheme last drawn pay was $3,000. I am back to private sector now earning $4.8k and want to go back to civil service for good. I got an offer from a ministry but it's for mso position grade 4, division 1 at $3.6 k. I am dissapointed that I'm not offered mx position but they told me that there are not hiring mx position at the moment.
I want to know what does division really means as I am in division 1 of Mso scheme is it good? Should I accept this offer or wait for mx position offer. What are my chances? Thanks in advance.
rmit degree, somemore from part, are classified as 2nd tier degree, so please expect lower pay. civil service doesnt really recognize past exp done in poly dip lvl.

btw wat class of honors do you get?

just a gauge for you, 2nd upper -non-NS, local degree getting 3.2k, male with NS(depend on how long you serve your NS, range from 3.4k to 3.7k) starting