Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya. it's better to take the JC route. however, i have JC friends who couldn't get into local uni ended up going to poly. they have wasted 2 yrs of JC.
yes, I do have a friend male, get DEE grade for A level...cannot enter local university.

Just lucky that he was born in a rich family, his father company(listed in SGX), so he can afford to go australia monash university to study a degree, and he is almost completing his PHD in the same university..

If I were him, got bad result for A level, I would have ended up in local poly after wasting 2 years in JC, because my family and I could not afford for overseas education. Fortunately, I manage to get fairly good result to enter NTU.

Well I can say that if you are rich , almost every door is open for you. If you are poor, please plan your route properly, if you want to get to local university, make sure you get to JC and study hard for A level and get a place in local university. If you are poor and want to study in POLY, make sure you better got top 1% of your cohort and got a place in local university, if not you will be stuck with just a diploma.

summary:
Rich family>>>can choose to study JC/poly whatever you like, u can afford to go overseas university.

Poor family>>>better choose JC and study hard for A level if you want to study local U. Choose poly at your own risk and stuck with just a diploma, unless you got scholarship/or work part time for few years saving up $$ for private university or overseas U.