Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostleo View Post
Omg.. After Reading all reply i feel so sad now.
Was formally wrking in stat board for 5yrs w a dip. Pay was 2.7k when i left.
Graduated last yr frm rmit. (part time biz pass degree).
The job that i juz signed is related to what i did during my 5yrs stay in stat board.
So can i consider myself a fresh grad or not?
1st point, your 5 years of dip exp in stat board is consider ZERO exp after you get your degree. You will re-start as a fresh grad. Because as a dip officer, your job scope is more on taking instruction from degree officer. As a degree officer, you will be expose to more leadership role, which is consider a new role for you, thus your 5 years dip exp is consider ZERO exp.

2nd point, RMIT degree is consider private degree(2nd tier degree), that is why even if included with NS, your salary is only 3.2k with just a pass degree, you must consider yourself lucky that the ministry still keen to hire you from private university some more with just a pass degree no honours.

wait if you are a pass degree with NS local degree, your starting is only Pass Degree $3,088, they already give you addition like $118 more on seeing that you have 5 years of relevant exp with dip

you are better off in the private sector with private degree and high chance that your 5 years exp will be counted too.