Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your points are valid. Money is important, to a certain extent. But money does not always translate into happiness. It's a revelation I had and I really wanted to share it.

So many of us pursue wealth but actually what are we really pursuing? What's our goal? I think we all want to be happier? The problem is that happiness as a goal is too abstract. As human beings, we then set goal posts/put ladders to help us. I'm sure you guys heard the story of climbing the ladder but realise the ladder leads up the wrong wall..

You can have a house with 7 rooms. You can have a house with 1 room. You still can choose to be happy.

As for your query on our business, we started out in industrial pumps but expanded beyond that pretty quickly once we saw the entire value chain.
Study says money only makes you happy if it makes you richer than your neighbours

Study says money only makes you happy if it makes you richer than your neighbours.

So no matter how rich you are if the guy next door is richer you aren't generally going to be happier.

Which is why you see many people complaining here, so my advice is to save up and relocate to some third world country.