Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Your points are valid. Money is important, to a certain extent. But money does not always translate into happiness. It's a revelation I had and I really wanted to share it.

So many of us pursue wealth but actually what are we really pursuing? What's our goal? I think we all want to be happier? The problem is that happiness as a goal is too abstract. As human beings, we then set goal posts/put ladders to help us. I'm sure you guys heard the story of climbing the ladder but realise the ladder leads up the wrong wall..

You can have a house with 7 rooms. You can have a house with 1 room. You still can choose to be happy.

As for your query on our business, we started out in industrial pumps but expanded beyond that pretty quickly once we saw the entire value chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing. But I would argue that being less happy is the result of growing up.

It's the same for everyone. As one ages from a kid to an adult, one gets more responsibilities, stresses from family and society, and realizes that the world is a more evil place than one had assumed.

Imagine your family still had to cram into the same roo, all adults, no privacy. Would you be happier?

In fact, I would theorize that if you had stay poor, you would be much less happier than now.

But I appreciate your sharing of what you think. You are rich but you stay humble. Could you share more on how your dad moved from an Aircon technician to be a rich businessman with businessess beyond the shores of Singapore? It's quite an amazing achievement.