Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I understand how you feel. I was in a senior management before, earning $300K per annum but was asked to leave due to the venomous office politics. I dont want to get anymore involved in all the sh*t and resolved to lead a simpler life. Friends I used to have slowly stopped calling to join the high life style groups.

I am now doing my own full time investing, not earning much but enough. I too had the foresight to buy 2 investment properties which gives me a nice passive income to feed my family.

You are doing ok in my opinion. What matters is you. Be proud of who you are, no matter what your friends say. Those who stopped being your friends are not your true friends.

Life is short. Spend your time more with your family. They are your true friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why me? View Post
I used to be in the front office, earning $200K a year

Now, due to the bad market, I have moved into the back office, earning $100K a year

I am so sad, feeling depressed and ashamed of my foreinds who are still enjoying life in the front office

I feel bad, very bad. The only thing that gives me some cheer are my 3 private properties which I managed to accumulate during the good days

Life is tough